Job Reference Number: 30090
OBGYN in Upstate New York
Wineries and Waterfalls in the Finger Lakes Region
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE OBGYN to lead the Obstetric Hospitalist program at Arnot Ogden Medical Center (AOMC) in scenic Elmira, New York. Ideal candidates will be strong clinicians who work well in teams, adhere to evidence-based clinical guidelines, and provide high quality care. Block scheduling is used, and physicians can live outside the area if needed.
**Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance options available!
Below are highlights of this opportunity:
- As the only regional perinatal center in the market, AOMC offers comprehensive women’s health services including MFM services and a Level III NICU
- The experienced team of board-certified obstetricians and midwives welcome over 1300 babies annually
- Responsibilities include delivery attendance, OB triage, patient evaluation and management, surgical assists, fetal monitoring, and ER coverage
- The practice staffing model includes 12 and 24-hr in-house shifts. Block schedule available, commuters are welcome.
- Conveniently situated about 20 minutes from the desirable suburb of Corning and 45 minutes from Cornell University
- Board eligibility or board certification is required, New York license preferred
About the Hospital
Arnot Ogden Medical Center is a 266-bed tertiary medical center and the flagship hospital of Arnot Health, a regional non-profit health system formed in 2011 from the merger of AOMC and St. Joseph’s Hospital. The health system serves the region through three hospitals plus other long-term care centers, rehabilitation facilities and local physician offices. The OBGYN Hospitalist team will lead a multidisciplinary team including neonatologists and maternal fetal medicine specialists to develop and implement CQI and efficiency programs in labor and delivery.
About the Area
Elmira is geographically situated near the New York-Pennsylvania state border in an area known as the “Southern Tier” of New York State. It is approximately equidistant from Boston, Montreal, Washington D.C. and Cleveland, and is only 80 miles from Rochester, NY. The area is located at the southern end of the Finger Lakes Region, an area renowned for its beauty and wines. Elmira is the primary metropolitan area in Chemung County with a population of approximately 100,000. Respected Cornell University is easily accessible, and the adjacent community of Corning offers sought-after residential living and excellent R&D jobs at the Forbes 500 corporate headquarters of Corning Inc. Residents enjoy access to horseback riding and hiking trails, downtown river views at Mark Twain Riverfront Park, paddleboat and carousel rides on Eldridge Lake, and tons of outdoor fun at the city’s annual Taste of Downtown and Street Painting Festival.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation, and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.Apply Now
Effective November 1st, 2021 Mednax will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women’s and children’s specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of Pediatrix™ and Obstetrix™ Medical Groups have used evidence-based tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts, work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Mednax family and help shape the future of health care. Find additional information at www.mednax.com.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This ad expires on Tuesday November 9th, 2021