Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is a 500+ provider multi-specialty group practice that has an excellent opportunity for a Board-Certified/Board-Eligible Obstetrician to join an established OB hospitalist group of 5 physicians. Our program has been in place since in 2009, the first of its kind in Idaho.
The Saint Alphonsus OB hospitalist physicians are patient safety coordinators on Labor and Delivery, supporting Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians, OB/GYN physicians, Family Medicine physicians, Certified Nurse Midwives for full 24/7 continuum of care services for the Family Maternity Center where there are over 1,200 deliveries annually with a low 21% cesarean rate for first time mothers. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the antepartum service and serve as MFM extenders
- Triage arriving pregnant patients
- Respond to obstetric emergencies including obstetric trauma
- Provide consultation for Certified Nurse Midwives and Family Medicine physicians
- Surgical assist and back up for OB/GYN physicians
- Manage labor and deliveries for women whose providers are not available and for women without an assigned provider
- No on-call, office or GYN responsibilities!
Saint Alphonsus Maternity Services:
Our hospital is a regional referral center with two Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians, 24 hour in-house anesthesia coverage, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, on-site gynecologic oncology, interventional radiology, pediatric surgery and pediatric gastroenterology, and the region’s only ACS verified Level II Trauma Center. Additionally, the OB hospitalists have the privilege of caring for women seen in the resettled within the community through the Refugee Resettlement program.
Status: Part-Time (0.7 FTE)
Schedule: 114 twelve hour shifts per year which may include double shifts (twenty-four-hour shifts) if desired or dictated by scheduling needs.
Availability: October 2021
EMR/EHR:PowerChart®, with plan to transition to Epic® in February 2022
Salary and Benefits:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree;
- Successful completion of an accredited ACGME/AOA Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency;
- Board Certification, or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment;
- Idaho medical licensure and granting of privileges at SARMC – Boise;
- Desired attributes: team collaboration, leadership, willingness to develop and adhere to protocols, strong surgical and OB sonography skills.
Boise, Idaho’s Capital City anchors a vibrant and growing mid-sized metropolitan area of 690,000 people. An outdoor enthusiast’s paradise with a flourishing arts and entertainment scene, the region offers a reasonable cost of living, low crime rate, excellent cultural programs, neighborhood parks and nearby forests and rivers. Idaho’s culture of physician independence also makes it one of the best places in America to be a practicing physician. The Boise Metro Area is consistently listed as one of the best places in the country to live, work and play! For more information on Boise, ID please visit cityofboise.org.
Saint Alphonsus Health System is a growing four-hospital, 714-bed, 74 clinic integrated healthcare system serving southwestern Idaho, eastern Oregon and northern Nevada. Saint Alphonsus Health System is a member of Trinity Health, one of the largest Catholic not-for-profit health systems in the nation. To learn more about Saint Alphonsus, please visit saintalphonsus.org.
The ideal candidate will commit to patient care while demonstrating and modeling our organization’s Mission, Vision and Values.
To submit your CV, or for more information, contact Audrey Panzeri at Audrey.email@example.com
or (208) 302-9126.
This ad expires on Thursday November 4th, 2021