Job Reference Number: 29086
Florida – More Than a Vacation, It’s Home
Mednax is seeking to add an OB/GYN Hospitalist to our team at Broward Health in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Broward Health Medical Center has 36 private mother/baby suites and 3 deluxe Empress suites, many labor delivery rooms, ORs, in-house anesthesia and an on-site Level-III NICU
- Over 3000 deliveries annually with a 28% cesarean rate in first time mothers, and an estimated 4800 triage encounters
- The Broward Health Medical Center team consists of 10 OB/GYNs, 2 MFMs and 9 Midwives
- There is a team of highly trained specialists available including: MFMs, neonatologists, midwives, and full pediatric subspecialty support
- Responsibilities will include delivery attendance, OB triage, patient evaluation and management, surgical assists, fetal monitoring and ER coverage
- Our ideal candidate will have a Florida medical license
About our company:
In the past 40 years, Pediatrix Medical Group has successfully grown from a single specialty practice to a national medical group dedicated to women’s and children’s services. Today our MFM and OB/GYN hospitalist program is the largest in the nation, with 205 MFM specialists and 225 OB/GYN hospitalists providing care in more than 300 hospitals across 20 states.
About the hospital:
Broward Health has been providing services to the community for over 80 years and currently encompasses over 30 healthcare facilities in Broward County. The flagship hospital, Broward Health Medical Center, is a 716-bed, state-of-the-art Level I Trauma Center, and Ft. Lauderdale’s largest healthcare facility. Ranked as one of the 10 largest public healthcare systems in the nation, Broward Health is a world-class institution with numerous accolades.
About the area:
Experience the colorful culture, semi-tropical weather, abundant activities and legendary nightlife of South Florida! Easily accessible by several international airports, the area is known for its temperate winters and multi-cultural residents. With a wide variety of activities you may choose to dive on the reef, play a round of golf, watch a polo match, dine in world-class restaurants or simply relax on the beach. Choose from residential communities that pepper the area or select from one of many cosmopolitan waterfront condos. South Florida is a highly desirable market offering an exceptional quality of life.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.Apply Now
Effective November 1st, 2021 Mednax will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women’s and children’s specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of Pediatrix™ and Obstetrix™ Medical Groups have used evidence-based tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts, work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Mednax family and help shape the future of health care. Find additional information at www.mednax.com.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This ad expires on Saturday October 30th, 2021