Job Reference Number: 21861
Seeking a BC OB/GYN to join our new OB/GYN Hospitalist program as the Medical Director at
Skagit Valley Hospital in Mount Vernon, Washington
Located about one hour north of Seattle
- 5-years of OB hospitalist or OB/GYN experience required
- Management of the OB hospitalist program which is a 4-OB hospitalist model covering 7-8 24-hour shifts per month
- Hospital averages 1,100 annual deliveries
- Responsibilities include evaluation and emergency management of patients on L/D, attending deliveries, assisting in the care of the patients of community OBs, evaluating and managing GYN ED patients and assisting in surgical procedures
- Participation on hospital committees; and collaboration with the hospital on institution of protocols
- Experience working with midwives a plus
Mount Vernon is conveniently located mid-way between Seattle, Washington, and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It is nestled between the San Juan Islands in the Puget Sound to the West and the Cascade Mountains with the scenic Cascade Loop drive to the East and is known for its spectacular natural environment. It’s also home to the world-famous Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, which annually attracts a million visitors. The area is alive with adventure throughout its spectacularly diverse 1,920 square miles. From glacially carved Cascade Mountains, seasonally colorful farmland and more than 125 square miles of water features, there are outstanding opportunities for camping, fishing, boating, kayaking, rafting, hiking, biking and bird watching. With all that it has to offer, along with good schools, residents value the quality of life that is found in Mount Vernon.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.Apply Now
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women’s and children’s specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of Pediatrix™ and Obstetrix™ Medical Groups have used evidence-based tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts, work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Mednax family and help shape the future of health care. Find additional information at www.mednax.com.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
This ad expires on Sunday August 15th, 2021